Our partner in South Asia is engaged in evangelism and church planting among the tribal people. Training native pastors and missionaries, addressing social needs, establishing Christ centered congregations, and mobilizing nationals into missions are some of the ways the people are being reached with the Gospel. Teams have ministered in leper colonies, blessed orphans, prayed for HIV/AIDS children, trained pastors and shared the Good News alongside our partner ministry. God is at work in South Asia, and Extend Global teams strategically assist in the work of making the Lord God famous in this developing nation.
"He said to them, 'Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.'"
- Although South Asia occupies only 2.4% of the world’s land area, it supports over 15% of the world’s population; only China has a larger population.
- 1.2 Billion people.
- Hindu (80%), Muslim (13%), Christian (2%)
- AIDS has spread rapidly in South Asia and it is estimated (2012) that 2.085 million people live in this country with AIDS.
- There are an estimated 35 million orphans in South Asia (all of sub- Saharan Africa has 43 million).
- 9% of all children in South Asia are orphans.
- No country can rival South Asia’s children in need. Of this countries' nearly 400 million under 18, over 70 million are child laborers, 10 million are bonded laborers (a form of slavery to pay off family debts), 13 million are homeless, and 2 million are street children without families.
- Malnutrition affects nearly half of all children under the age of five.
- There is widespread child abuse, and there is a deficiency of 40 million girls because of female feticide - over 20,000 ultrasound clinics thrive on this illegal practice. Additionally, there are 575,000 child prostitutes.
Orphanages have become a huge ministry in the country that leads the world in orphaned children. Our goal is to continue to establish places of refuge for these children.
Is a special orphanage for children who have been affected by AIDS. Over 2 million children in South Asia have been orphaned because of AIDS and the number is expected to double by 2020.
Have been established to help empower the youth of the local church to become more effective in sharing Christ with their friends. Worship + Entertainment + Sports + Gospel = CYC.
OPERATION VISION 2020 IS THE MOVEMENT TO PLANT 1000 SELF SUPPORTED CHURCHES IN 10 NORTHERN STATES OF SOUTH ASIA BY 2020. THERE ARE CURRENTLY 10 MISSIONARIES WORKING IN THE MOST DIFFICULT PARTS OF THIS REGION TO BEGIN WORKING ON THIS TASK.
Type content here...
Type content here...